Varsity Venture Studio is a new campus initiative that is open to everyone in the UW-Madison ecosystem. UW-Madison, WARF and High Alpha Innovation are collaborating to bring the venture studio model to our campus in order to turn ideas into funded software businesses.
- Ideas can come from anywhere on campus
- Ideas don’t need to be “fully baked” – just throw your idea in the mix
- Ideas should address a big problem that can be solved by software or an app
- You don’t have to be a software developer or know how to code
- No patents or invention disclosure required
Submission Round Deadlines:
Round 1 – November 1
Round 2 – November 11
Final – November 25
Submit your idea on the Varsity Venture Studio website. Ideas are evaluated as they are received.The Varsity Venture Studio team is holding office hours on October 28, 1-3pm, for questions, discussion and brainstorming. Reach out to Katie Rice at email@example.com with any questions.